Styling your own wedding
Where do you start?
I’m often asked what’s the best way to style a wedding. Many people say they don’t want an actual theme as such but want it all to coordinate. There are a few different ways to come up with your unique wedding design.
I’ll list a few ‘ins’ to help you get started. See if you have any of these criteria.
In no particular order :-
- The dress – Perhaps you have your heart set on a particular style of dress – vintage for example. All styling will build from here.
2. Colour – You may have a favourite colour. You may have chosen your bridesmaids colours or you & your future husband may have seen a tie / suit colour that he loves.
3. Location – Where you choose to get married. If you would like to get married abroad somewhere hot then the style can & will be determined from this.
4. Season – If you choose to get married at Christmas you have chosen this for a reason and will want to be sympathetic to that time of year.
5. Theme -Some choose an actual theme like a festival theme – a really popular one for summer of 2018 or perhaps choosing something with even more styling like Great Gatsby or Art Deco. This is much less subtle but it’s a way for brides & grooms to really go to town on the design if that’s what they are looking for.
Got a design. What’s next?
So now you have the nuts and bolts of a basic design to embellish & take to the next level..Adding that key element to the rest of the big day is the next step.
Lets set the scene. If you have found your dress first. Say it’s a boho style. – Another hot one for for summer 2018 . It’s lace so to tie in you would probably go for soft florals throughout your arrangement and try and incorporate lace in somewhere else. Table decor for example. Favours wrapped in lace and so on.
Whichever is your starting point you then have many ways to tie in the theme..Table centres, Stationary, Favours, Ceremony backdrop & Flowers. Then as you are getting braver you can keep going further with finer and finer details.
If you would like further design assistance have a look at the website here